Yu-Gi-Oh! Battle For Destiny!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Battle For Destiny!!!

Who's trying to bring the Fordidden Dragon to walks free again. What in earth happen at Ground Zero? What is the darkness that surround it...? It is time you join the fight... It is time you...Battle for your DESTINY!!!.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Lot of Questions, Concerns, and more!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NolChannel
Civilian
Civilian

Rp Status
Name A: Ren Tori
Age A: 34
Faction A: Criminal

A Lot of Questions, Concerns, and more! Empty
PostSubject: A Lot of Questions, Concerns, and more!   A Lot of Questions, Concerns, and more! EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:31 pm

Well, first of all, hi! I'm NolChannel, a self-implied advanced level role-player with a few years of Yugioh experience and far more experience in the role-playing department. I have read all of the rules and am thoroughly impressed with a lot of what you have come up with! However, I have run into a few concerns with a couple of the systems. In no particular order, I'll try to address these as they come to mind:

The one-per-rule

This is just something I want to bring up since we are sort of in a "Millennium-Item 5Ds universe". Are there only three Blue Eyes, one of each of the Egyptian Gods, one of each of the Signer Dragons, et cetera? I'm going to assume 'not' since the sets in the booster packs contain these cards in one way or another...

... Actually, they don't, but more on that later. Next!

So I need to buy packs to do speed duels?

Just a nitpick, but... just see my next point! xD

Starter decks are mostly crap!

They are! Alright, this is a multi-rant, mostly against the card-buying system in and of itself. As someone who has cards in real life and plays the game seriously every week, I can tell you that a deck is, more or less, not competitive unless it has the following cards in it:

Dark Hole
Heavy Storm
Book of Moon
Torrential Tribute
Torrential Tribute (Listed twice intentionally)
Solemn Warning/Solemn Judgment (debatable)
Call of the haunted (debatable)

Here are other splash cards put in most decks nowadays merely to counter other decks:

Bottomless Trap Hole
Fiendish Chain
Effect Veiler
Maxx C

And other cards that are just gooooooood:

Mirror Force

Now, starter decks will maybe have one or, at most, two of these really, really good cards in them. Unless a player is exceedingly lucky with karma, they really won't be able to reliably build good decks regardless of how much money they have. With that said, there's increasing pressure to play as a street boy or an underground duelist, who can have an inherent advantage by simply building any sort of simple, balanced, and fair deck with the above cards in them, a lording advantage to any student who has to start out with a gimped starter deck.

And if you enforce the starter rule, realistically you've limited the choices to three: Darkworld, Agents, and Dragonsworn. And even in these, I find it hard to believe that a student who has been dueling his whole life going to a school about dueling doesn't:

A) Have thousands of cards and multiple trade binders
B) Can't afford more then ten packs of cards despite their grade depending on it

All the current system does is drastically limit the decks that a person can build, unless they can spend karma upon karma to buy a near-infinite amount of cards. Say a person wants to build, I dunno, gadgets, but consistently pulls counter-fairy stuff.

Further, certain cards such as Shock Master and Uria: Lord of Searing Flames, as well as Gladiator Beast Lanista aren't even possible to obtain! The former is a Shonen Jump promo, and the latter two are Ra Yellow packs.

All I'm saying is that, instead of making it impossible to make consistent decks except by investment and grinding, it might be a better system to allow everyone the decks they want, and ban/restrict the overpowered stuff by the current banlist, as well as certain meta-types. Heck, I wanted to play Darkworld here but if its for the balance of the forum, you can ban it for me.

And if people want to speed duel at all, they are going to be doing so very, very late, since they would first need to get a working deck before investing karma points to buy speed-duel packs.

Anyway, enough about that...

Unobtainable cards!

Promotionals, mostly. Dark Highlander, Acid Golem, Catapult Warrior... if we keep the above system, how do we get them?

And, questions!

• Do we use a simulator to duel, like Dueling Network?
  • The point system is interesting, but I find it confusing to know when to do a check.
  • More personally, I know a specific deck type that would make the XYZ gods broken... it might be interesting if I make that sort of character, maybe. ._.
Back to top Go down
Tuvillo
Civilian
Civilian

Rp Status
Name A: Nox
Age A: 24
Faction A: Professional Duelist

PostSubject: Re: A Lot of Questions, Concerns, and more!   A Lot of Questions, Concerns, and more! EmptySat May 05, 2012 3:29 am

Mhm I was wondering about Speed Spells as well.

You have a point about the starting decks. (However, I still believe the Machina SD is the best SD as a deck, whereas the decks after that need to be combined with itself to not have silly cards in it)

And lol, I'm playing Dark World because I had to pick a Structure Deck >.>
Back to top Go down
Lethe
Civilian
Civilian
Lethe

Rp Status
Name A: Lethe
Age A: 27
Faction A: Criminal

PostSubject: agreed   A Lot of Questions, Concerns, and more! EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:20 am

I think there definately should be some regulations on the deck themes - inzektors and windups will just ruin the reality and the fun of the game completly... Perhaps some internal ban list?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Lot of Questions, Concerns, and more!   A Lot of Questions, Concerns, and more! Empty

Back to top Go down

A Lot of Questions, Concerns, and more!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yu-Gi-Oh! Battle For Destiny!!! :: O-f-c Topics :: Question Center-
Jump to: